Bringing to you the latest in creative and innovative design concepts:

Bringing to you, the design enthusiast: fresh, innovated, and creative design.

Friday, January 6, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I was at the airport this morning on my way to a new project and I let an airline employee move ahead of me in security and we got to talking. We discussed what it was I did for a living and where I was traveling to and the conversation led to a really great question, a question I have been asked often:

" How do you find your inspiration ?"

I was a little stumped, not so much as the answer to the question but more on how I was going to answer the question. The answer has so many moving parts and variables, how do I start to answer the question in a short amount of time before we get through security. Lets just say it would take more than a minute to have a good discussion about it so I said "It starts with COLOR". We then passed through security and we went are separate ways. But the question stayed with me. So if inspiration for me starts with color, how do I go about that process of being inspired? Two connections later as I arrived to my final destination, this is what I came up with.
It starts with a simple action we do daily and not really pay much attention to it because it is a voluntary action, opening our eyes. Ta-da!!! See, very simple. No, really. Inspiration is all around us and all we need to do is take notice. For example, If you ever have the opportunity to visit New York City I highly recommend visiting Time Square as night falls upon it. If ever you see something come to life with color, that is one square that does it effortlessly.

Color and the many ways color can inspire will be the swatches of topic for later. Till then..........

No comments:

Post a Comment